Open Position: IT Professional (m/f/d)
The University Hospital Bonn is a maximum care facility with a regular capacity of 1.300 beds. Our current staff of more than 8.000 performs assigned duties in research, teaching and medical treatment, including the use of advanced medical technologies, and public health care services at the highest possible level. Interested applicants will be offered a wide range of employment opportunities in a variety of fields.
At the Core Unit for Bioinformatics Data Analysis (CUBA), University of Bonn Medical School is available a full time position (38,5 hrs/week)
IT professional (m/f/d), Fachinformatiker (m/w/d)
The position starts as soon as possible and is available for a period of two years, with the possiblity of extension.
Your tasks include the provisioning and administration of computing infrastructure, software and applications for big data. Major tasks include management and system administration of Linux servers and a high-performance cluster incl. GPUs for sequence alignment or deep learning. Other tasks are the installation and maintenance of software for specialized bioinformatics workflows, databases or webservices like RStudio. The IT professional will assist users in deploying software and advise on design principles such as reusability, virtualization and containerization. She/he will work in a matrix environment while closely collaborating with technical specialists and system administrators of the Institute for Genomic Statistics and Bioinformatics (IGSB) and the Institut für Medizinische Biometrie, Informatik und Epidemiologie (IMBIE) as well as the bioinformatics experts of the CUBA team. The CUBA team provides consultancy, training and data analyses, e.g. for sequencing or proteomics data, to researchers of the medical faculty at the University of Bonn.
- Set up, administration and maintenance of high performance computing (HPC), cloud environments (openStack) or network file systems (Ceph) for many researchers
- Installation and maintenance of software, applications, databases or webservers
- Design, implementation and support of reproducible, efficient and scalable solutions, e.g. for bioinformatics data analysis workflows
- Working in a team with bioinformatics and computational colleagues
- Bachelor or Master in computer science or any related field
- Good knowledge of Linux and system administration
- Experience with administration and maintenance of HPC or cloud environments
- Programming skills, e.g. Python; software engineering or database skills are considered a plus
- Good communication skills and team player in an interdisciplinary environment
- Knowledge of English and German, fluent in at least one
- A salary according to the German salary scale TV-L
- A “Jobticket” (subsidized public transport)
- Possibility to use the day care center
- Supplementary benefits in the public sector (pension plan according to VBL)
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send in your application via email which should include a CV and a cover letter.
Core Unit for Bioinformatics Data Analysis